ISO 27001 is an international standard published by the International Standardization Organization (ISO), and it describes how to manage information security in a company. The latest revision of this standard was published in 2013, and its complete title is now ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (Information Security Management System - ISMS). The first revision of the standard was published in 2005, and it was developed based on the British standard BS 7799-2.
ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISMS) specifies the needs for establishing, implementing, maintaining and constantly improving an information security management system within the context of the organization. It also includes needs for the assessment and treatment of information security risks tailored to the requirements of the organization. The necessities set out in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 (ISMS) are generic and are intended to be applicable to all organizations, regardless of type, size or nature.
ISO 27001 Information Security and data security brings supreme significance to data for organizations internationally. Business that are safeguarding both their client and company data against possible threats. By integrating a robust information security management system your organization can make sure that the quality, safety, service and product reliability of your organization has been safeguarded to the highest level.
Key concerns for CIOs today?
- It is essential to protect company data, not only to protect the future of your systems, but also to protect customer information, that has been entrusted to you. This requires a holistic approach covering IT Security, physical security and staff policy & procedures. ISO 27001 is the formal standard against which organizations seek independent certification of all their Information Security Management Systems.
- IS0 27001 helps to protect against
- Customer Information leakage
- Virus & hacker attacks
- Incompatible software conflicts
- Failure to back up systems
- Loss or theft of unencrypted backups
- Internal security breaches
- Loss of information resulting from staff turnover
- System downtime
Prime’s Information Security Management Services helps you
- Formulate security requirements & objectives
- Ensure that security risks are cost-effectively managed
- Ensure compliance with laws and regulations
- Provide assurance about information protection to customers
- Ensure peace of mind that your system is compliant and secure Optimizing the cost in terms of tools without compromising the performance & quality benchmarking.
- Services being delivered using a proven global delivery model.
- Services are customizable, SLA-driven and offer an irresistible value proposition to organizations seeking improved ROI.
Benefits of ISO 27001:2013
- Framework demonstrates legal and regulatory needs, no law breaking no penalties
- Business differentiator provided that competitive advantage over similar organizations
- Business capable to sustain and support growth with controls in place
- Decrease in incidents and maintain costs, more time spent on productivity
- Pro-active management of risk and status, staff aware, roles and processes in place
- Enhance in business as clients/suppliers recognize a credible trusted partner
- Enlarge in Government tender opportunities as a compliance necessity
- Repeatable, sustainable processes easy to keep up to date when regulation changes
Prime Value Additions?
- Enhance responsiveness to changing business needs by improving flexibility, the speed of technology innovation and support.
- Realize productivity benefits and performance enhancement by streamlining IT processes using ITIL best practices.
- Ensure better return on invested capital by optimizing IT infrastructure through consolidations, capacity planning, and new technology adoption.
- Improve security by developing relevant internal control frameworks.
- Enabling compliance with statutory/regulatory requirements.
Feeds from Facebook
Blog RSS Feed
- What is cyber security? How to build a cyber security strategyOrganizations face many threats to their information […]
- Cloud Security and Compliance IssuesA new report by Threat Stack and ESG (Environmental, […]
- How does WannaCry affect India?In emerging economies like India where the government […]
- Why ‘WannaCry’ must be a lesson for allMay 12, 2017 is one of the most dreadful days of the […]
- Facts & figures from Google Cloud Summit 2017Google Cloud Summit is one of Google’s most definitive […]